At High West Electric, the career opportunities go beyond the wires. Please fill out the form below and/or contact us to to apply for one our open positions.
Open Positions at High West Electric
SEEKING: Needle in a Haystack
A.K.A Residential Electrical Journeyman or Residential Wireman (4+ years exp.)
High West Electric is searching for a JW/RW (residential service) to join our growing, dynamic electrical contracting business. We are hiring to provide a solid career path for the right electrician who wants to use their skills and experience to grow and learn in the trade.
We hire electricians who are honest, real, upbeat and motivated. We want our employees to have nutty hobbies, a unique background, straight-up working style and personal interests that keep them busy when not working. While technical skills are extremely important, we’ve learned that being receptive to coaching, emotional intelligence, professionalism, motivation and temperament are just as important in order to fit well with our team. Tapping into those intangible personal skills help us find the right electricians who can elevate themselves and their team.
Are you the needle in the haystack?
High West Electric is offering:
- Fun, friendly, and personable CULTURE
- Exciting company outings such as, fly fishing; skeet shooting, Top Golf, etc
- Stocked service van, gas card, established vendor accounts – add link to photo
- Breakfast served at weekly meetings – biscuits and gravy, bagel sandwiches, breakfast burritos
- Monday thru Friday: 7:30am – 4:00pm
- NO weekends, NO emergency calls
- Autonomy, flexibility
- Competitive salary & weekly paychecks
- Six Paid Holidays
- Earned PTO
- Partial reimbursement for health insurance premiums
- Simple IRA matching up to 3%
- Free DISC assessment for new hires
- Help with CEU fees
Salary: $30-$40/hour based on experience, with endless opportunities to advance!
Ask yourself these questions before applying.
- Dream big – Work hard – Play hard?
- Want to work with a team that values employees?
- Thrive in a collaborative, problem solving work environment?
- Use your skills and knowledge to help people?
- Strive to be an excellent role model for the next generation of electricians?
- Have deep experience with residential service work; from troubleshooting to remodels and upgrades?
- Motivated – Professional – Self-directed?
- Excited to work for a growing business that’s dedicated to its employees’ success?
- Someone who enjoys working directly with customers, peers and apprentices?
- Experienced – 4+ years residential electrician experience (required)
- Licensed in the State of Colorado (preferred)
- Have a valid driver’s license (required)
If you answered “YES” to these questions, apply for our open Journeyman position!
You may be the needle in the haystack that we have been searching for!
In Search Of:
An Apprentice interested in pursuing a career in the electrical field. No experience necessary, we will train you if you are the right fit! In this job you will be picking up and delivering materials to job sites, maintaining inventory of service vans and shop, assisting skilled electricians on-site with a watch and learn focus.
Join our growing, dynamic, values-based, mission-driven electrical contracting business based in the Denver metro area. We are looking for the right person to join our very special team. We are a small family business that is hiring to provide a solid career path for the right electrician. Are you our needle in the haystack?
High West Electric is a values driven company. We stand by our word, value our customers and employees and take pride in our work. Our customers stay with us because they feel like they are family, like us, and they are a part of our culture. Not only do we do good work, sorry, GREAT work, but we treat each and every one of our customers with respect and courtesy, and compassion.
We want electricians who are honest, real, and different from the typical electrician. We want you to have hobbies, a different background, working styles and interests so you can bring culture into our company.
Technical skills are extremely important, but we’ve learned that being receptive to coaching, emotional intelligence, professionalism, motivation and temperament are more likely to lead to success and fit well with our team. These intangible skills are the traits that signify if a candidate is the type of person who can elevate their team as well as an organization as a whole.
Something else different about us…we want to help our employees reach their dreams. Whether it’s a trip to the Caribbean, a new car or the desire to start your own business. High West Electric is all about our employees. We like to play as hard as we work, and strive to push that agenda.
- Dream big
- Work hard
- Play hard
- Want to work with a team that values their employees
- Use your skills and knowledge to help people
- Look for a collaborative work environment
- Customer service driven
- A problem solver
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Excited to work for a growing business
- Someone who enjoys working with other electricians and clients
- Above average in math proficiency
- Interested in pursuing a career in the electrical trade
If you answered “YES” to these questions, please apply for our open Journeyman position!
What We Have To Offer:
- Fun, friendly, and personable CULTURE
- A passion in serving employees and customers to reach their goals.
- Lots of autonomy
- Exciting company outings – fly fishing; skeet shooting, Top Golf, etc.
- Breakfast at weekly planning meetings
- Competitive salary; weekly paycheck
- Paid Holidays
- Earned PTO
- Service van
- Reimbursement for health insurance premiums
- Simple IRA matching
- Monday – Friday: 7:30 – 4:00pm, no weekends, no emergency calls
Salary: $18-$20/hour, with endless opportunities to advance!